I love Eton Mess – traditional with strawberries, or blueberries/bilberries/raspberries – in fact any berries you like. This one was made for me as it includes Chocolate, Strawberries, Meringue and Cream.
250 grams fresh strawberries
1 tbsp icing sugar (I use unrefined)
40 grams meringue – crumbled
250 ml lightly whipped thick double cream – chilled
60 grams Green and Blacks dark milk chocolate – grated
Require – two stemmed glasses
- Clean the strawberries, reserve two for decoration
- Prepare the remainder – remove the calyx and divide remainder into two portions – halve one portion, mash the second portion with the icing sugar (using a fork), fold in the halved berries.
- Divide all the ingredients into two portions.
- Divide one portion of each ingredient between the glasses starting with a layer of meringue, strawberry mixture, cream and chocolate – repeat these layers once more using the second portion.
- Chill for 30 minutes minimum before serving; decorate with the reserved berries.