These ingredients made approximately 480 ml of sauce.
340 grams Green and Blacks dark milk chocolate, diced
240 ml crème fraîche (or half double cream and half crème fraîche)
60 grams natural brown sugar
40 grams Miel de Cana
40 ml golden syrup
1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 to 2 tbsp liqueur – Spanish brandy or coffee liqueur
- Put the chocolate into a heatproof bowl, put to one side.
- Combine the crème fraîche, sugar, Miel de Cana and golden syrup in a saucepan set over a low heat and bring up to the boil, while stirring constantly.
- Remove from the hob, pour over the chocolate and leave for one minute, stir until smooth then mix in the vanilla and liqueur of choice.
- Cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Before serving, warm in a heatproof bowl – while stirring – over a saucepan containing about 2.5 cm (1 inch) of simmering water.